Welfare Benefits – we can help!
Abertay’s Housing Welfare Rights Officer, Richard Pinner, is on hand to offer advice and assistance to tenants.
The welfare benefit system is very complicated and it can be difficult for tenants to receive their full legal entitlement. Recent welfare reform changes can make it even more difficult and confusing. Our Welfare Rights Officer aims to make sure tenants are not missing out on any benefits and will offer advice and assistance if tenants are having problems with the benefits system.
We offer advice on:
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payments
- Attendance Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Assistance with Discretionary Housing Payments forms for help with Housing Benefit shortfalls.
- Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Advice on what benefits can be claimed
- Advice when your benefits are sanctioned and stopped
- Help with application forms
Our Welfare Reform Officer holds Benefit Drop in sessions at:
Community Flat, 87 Fintryside – Every Tuesday 10-12pm
If you cannot make the session please call for an appointment or home visit.
Our Welfare Rights Officer’s contact details are:
Abertay Housing Association
147 Fintry Drive
Tel: 01382 513826