There are many benefits to getting involved with Abertay to help improve our services to residents. Some of which are:
- To be part of a team
- Make a difference
- To get experience
- Learn new skills
- Helps with your job prospects
- To keep busy
Would you like to have your say? If so, then can you spare Abertay a little of your time?
Abertay will actively encourage and support residents to get involved; individuals can participate at any level.
A Register of Interested Residents. If you do not want to be involved in a group but still want to be active in Abertay’s service provision, you can join our Register of Interested Residents. You will be contacted as part of consultation on policies and invited to various events. Participation is voluntary and confidential.
There are a number of ways interested tenants and residents can be involved, these can include any or all of the following:
- Satisfacation Surveys – We will phone, write or email you to enquire about your satisfaction with a recent service you may have received.
- Local Tenant / Focus Groups – Residents and Abertay staff work together to safeguard and promote the interests of residents in their area on matters concerning housing, the environment and their community. Our Retirement Housing Focus Group works closely with us on the transition to Retirement Housing. These groups help to identify where we are doing things right or where we are going wrong, and influence change.
- Resident Walkabouts – Residents can attend walkabouts with Abertay staff and will help record issues and identify solutions. These will be publicised on the Abertay website and in the reception area.
- Armchair membership – This gives tenants / residents the opportunity to be consulted and informed. They have the ability to give views on the housing service or review our handbooks or policies etc. in the comfort of their own home and without the need to travel to venues / meetings.
Do you think you could get involved in any of the above? If so please contact our Customer Services Team, on 01382 903545 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate which area you are interested in.
In addition, all tenants and owner occupiers are eligible to become members of Abertay at a cost of £1 for life membership. Members can stand for, and vote in, elections for the Management Committee and are invited to attend the AGM. For more information about the Management Committee or Association Membership please contact Ian Thomson the Chief Executive on 01382 903545.
To apply to become a shareholding member of Abertay, download the application form here.
The Scottish Housing Regulator is looking for people to join a national panel of tenants and service users, which will help to improve social landlords’ services throughout Scotland. Details of how to get involved are here.