Abertay want to ensure our houses are in the best condition possible, so our tenants can feel comfortable in their homes. How we invest in and plan major repairs such as replacement kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, roofs and heating systems is key to achieving this.
This means we need to understand the condition our properties are in now. Therefore we carry out “stock condition” surveys to determine when in the future works will be required. We use this information to build up programmes for the next 3 – 5 years and to make sure we plan our budgets properly over the next 30 years.
These surveys are relatively simple taking between 45 minutes to an hour – if you don’t think your home has been surveyed recently please request a survey below or phone us on 01382 903545.
We are currently collating the resulting programmes, which we will publicise via our website, newsletters and our customer service team.
When major works are to be carried out in your home we will (together with the contractor) explain and agree the following with you:
- What the proposed work consists of
- When it will start and how long it will take
- Discuss any colour or layout choices you may have
- Discuss anything you need to do ahead of time (such as emptying your old kitchen etc)
- Discuss any particular needs you may have which might affect the works themselves or how the contractor might carry them out.
Finally we will check that the works have been carried out to a high standard and that you are delighted with everything.
If you have any questions about Planned Maintenance please do not hesitate to contact us.
To request a survey, please complete the form below. We will get back to you.