You should contact us if:
- There is any change to who is living in your home
- You want to take in a lodger
- You want to sub-let part or all of your home
- You want to assign the tenancy (pass on the tenancy to someone else)
- You want to carry out a mutual exchange
- You want to add a joint tenant
For most changes, you must tell us about the change in writing before you make the change. If we agree, we will give you our written permission.
If you are a joint tenant, we will need the other tenant’s written consent to the proposed change.
Some legal changes to your rights came into effect in November 2019. This leaflet sets out the changes.