Who looks after what?
Most estates have a combination of adopted and unadopted roads, footpaths and communal land. Adopted areas are the responsibility of your local authority and are paid for out of Council Tax. Unadopted areas are maintained by Abertay and you contribute to their maintenance through our system of shared charges.
Plans detailing the areas maintained by Abertay Housing Association in your community can be accessed by clicking on the area below.
Following a challenging year for Abertay’s new Landscaping Contractor, Resolution Grounds Maintenance, we mutually terminated the contract as it was not working for either party. As a result Abertay have secured the services of JD Minto to carry out some outstanding landscaping works throughout January and February 2020, which will ensure the Estates are brought up to an acceptable standard for a new Landscaping Contractor starting the new contract 1st April 2020.
Timing of works
Some types of maintenance work are seasonal, so unless they present a health and safety risk, we will plan to carry out the work at the most appropriate time of year. You may therefore find that work you have reported is not carried out for some time.
The Winter Tree Maintenance Works are currently being organised and details should be available by the end of January. This incorporates tree removal and pruning, plus landscaping improvement works and winter gritting. Timing of this work is important and Abertay’s Maintenance Manager met with the Landscaping Clerk Of Works to carry out visual inspections of all our estates in November 2019. From these visits a list of necessary works has been collated, along with issues reported throughout the year by residents, which were also considered necessary.
This has been developed into the full Winter Works programme, which is available here.
Any requests for works received after November 2019 will be held for next year’s programme.
Abertay tries to manage the works based on priority, whilst giving consideration to residents’ wishes, to ensure that costs are either in line with, but certainly not significantly more than previous years. This year’s Winter Tree Maintenance works will be carried out by Tree Maintenance Scotland, whilst general landscaping improvement works will be done by JD Minto.
We hope to be starting our Winter Maintenance Works programme in February 2020, with a view to completing the works by the end of March.
List of plans:
- Americanmuir Road – Camperdown Road, Turriff Street & Turriff Place
- Caldrum Street
- Donald’s Lane
- Dryburgh Gardens
- Dunholm Gardens & Mews
- Dunholm Road & South Road
- Dura Street
- Fintry – Cheviot Crescent, Grampian Gardens & Findowrie Street
- Fintry – Cheviot Crescent, Longhaugh Road, Grampian Gardens, Findowrie Street
- Fintry – Finavon Street, Place & Terrace & Fintry Road
- Fintry – Findcastle Terrace & Fintry Road
- Fintry – Findhorn Street & Place, Fintry Drive, Findcastle Street & Finella Place
- Fintry – Findowrie & Finella
- Fintry – Finedon, Fintry Crescent & Fintryside
- Fintry – Finlow Terrace, Finmore Street, Findchapel Place & Fintry Drive
- Fintry – Fintry Mains, Fintry Road, Finella Place & Findchapel Place
- Fintry – Fintryside & Findale Street
- Gordon Street
- Kingsway West
- Lawrence Street
- New Road, Forfar
- Peddie Street
- Step Row – Paton’s Lane & McGonnagal Square
- William Street