Who looks after what?
Most estates have a combination of adopted and unadopted roads, footpaths and communal land. Adopted areas are the responsibility of your local authority and are paid for out of Council Tax. Unadopted areas are maintained by Abertay and you contribute to their maintenance through our system of shared charges.
Plans detailing the areas maintained by Abertay Housing Association in your community can be accessed by clicking on the area below.
Abertay’s Open Space Maintenance Contract was awarded to Ground Control Ltd and they will carry out the landscaping works until 31 March 2023. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak this service was unable to start on 1 April 2020 as planned, however, Ground Control started grass cutting operations in mid May 2020 and we are confident that the extra resources they have provided will bring the contract back on schedule by the end of June.
Timing of works
Some types of maintenance work are seasonal, so unless they present a health and safety risk, we will plan to carry out the work at the most appropriate time of year. You may therefore find that work you have reported is not carried out for some time.
Abertay’s Open Space Maintenance Contract was awarded to Ground Control Ltd and they will carry out the landscaping works until 31 March 2023. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak this service was unable to start on 1 April 2020 as planned, however, Ground Control started grass cutting operations in mid May 2020 and worked very hard to bring the programme back on track by the end of June.
The Winter Tree Maintenance Works for 2019/20 were completed before the lockdown, and it will soon be time to publish the full list for this year. We intend to carry out inspections in October / November and a full list of winter works should be available on our website by the end of December. As usual, the Association will give consideration to tree works based on priority, whilst giving consideration to residents’ wishes, to ensure that costs were at least in line with previous years. This year’s Winter Tree Maintenance works will likely be carried out again by Tree Maintenance Scotland.
List of plans:
- Americanmuir Road – Camperdown Road, Turriff Street & Turriff Place
- Caldrum Street
- Donald’s Lane
- Dryburgh Gardens
- Dunholm Gardens & Mews
- Dunholm Road & South Road
- Dura Street
- Fintry – Cheviot Crescent, Grampian Gardens & Findowrie Street
- Fintry – Cheviot Crescent, Longhaugh Road, Grampian Gardens, Findowrie Street
- Fintry – Finavon Street, Place & Terrace & Fintry Road
- Fintry – Findcastle Terrace & Fintry Road
- Fintry – Findhorn Street & Place, Fintry Drive, Findcastle Street & Finella Place
- Fintry – Findowrie & Finella
- Fintry – Finedon, Fintry Crescent & Fintryside
- Fintry – Finlow Terrace, Finmore Street, Findchapel Place & Fintry Drive
- Fintry – Fintry Mains, Fintry Road, Finella Place & Findchapel Place
- Fintry – Fintryside & Findale Street
- Gordon Street
- Kingsway West
- Lawrence Street
- New Road, Forfar
- Peddie Street
- Step Row – Paton’s Lane & McGonnagal Square
- William Street