With rising Covid-19 cases, hospital admissions and increased deaths being reported by both the Scottish and UK governments there are challenging times ahead for everyone. However, we at Abertay still want to provide as good a service as possible to our customers.
With safety uppermost in our minds we have been forced to restrict interaction with tenants and homeowners to the bare minimum. This will make it more difficult to carry out some operations which form important parts of our service to our customers. As a result we will need to rely more on customers being able to report issues in as much detail as possible, with supporting photos and videos etc. if possible.
Although we appreciate that not all of our customers will be in a position to do this, we need to extract as much information from you as possible to ensure we can deploy the right tradesmen, order the correct materials and allocate enough time to enable us to fix as many things as possible ‘Right First Time’.
We encourage customers to continue contacting us to report issues but would also appreciate understanding and patience throughout these very difficult times. We will be trying first and foremost to categorise and deal with issues in order of Priority ie. Emergency and Urgent Repairs will take precedence over Routine and Non Urgent Repairs.
You have told us that the ongoing repair, maintenance and upkeep of your home is one of the most important services we provide. To help us achieve an excellent level of service we will:
- Give you honest, useful advice and support when you contact us.
- Get repairs completed right first time.
- Carry out repairs at a time convenient to you.
- Make safe emergency repairs within 7 hours.
You can report a repair in any of the following ways:
- Ask for your name, address and telephone number.
- Help you to fully describe the repair so we can send the right person to fix it.
- Tell you if we are responsible for the repair, or if you may be recharged for all (or part) of the cost of the repair.
- Tell you if the repair is covered by the Right to Repair
- Agree an appointment with you or give you timescales for when the work will be inspected or carried out.