Joint tenancies

If you want to request another person to be a joint tenant, both of you must tell us in writing.  The other person will need to prove they have lived at the property for a minimum of twelve months and must intend to use the house as his or her only or principal home.

If you want to change the joint tenancy to a single tenancy because the other joint tenant has abandoned the tenancy, you should contact us.

A joint tenant can be removed from the tenancy by providing 28 days’ written notice to us from both tenants. The tenancy will continue in the name of the remaining tenant.

Please provide the following details:

  • Who you want to become a joint tenant
  • When you want the joint tenancy to start / end

We will not unreasonably refuse permission.

Back to Changes to Your Tenancy.